Over the last couple of decades, we have seen a lot of people searching for “cell phone repair near me” on Google to find a repair store to get their phone fixed or repaired. The reason is that with the advancements in the cell phones market, the smart phones are getting more technologically advanced, and at the same time, hundreds of people are facing many issues with their phones, and they are forced to get them repaired.
We as humans are known for making mistakes which can cause a mobile phone to be damaged and in need of a repair. On the other hand, electrical devices are known to be prone to damages and repairs. So there comes a time in each of our lives when we are in need of getting our electrical devices repaired. Same is the case with our cell phones.
While many of us might think that if we buy an expensive cell phone, we might not need a repair for it ever. That can be true in a case where you don’t use your phone too extensively and take care of it more than yourself. Other than these scenarios, it is highly likely that you might drop your phone and end up causing a lot of damage to it. Or you can accidentally spill water on it and cause one of its components to malfunction.
There are other ways too of causing damage to your cell phone. If you find yourself in any of the scenarios where you have damaged your phone and need to get it fixed, you will start searching for options of where to get it fixed. This is one the most crucial decision you have to make to get the best repair for your phone. In today’s world, you have the luxury of multiple options for the repair of your phone. All of these options have their pros and cons.
We will discuss all of those pros and cons to help you decide which option is best suited for you. Usually, when you are deciding where to get your phone repaired from, you take into account a lot of factors depending on your needs. For example the turnaround time, cost, warranty, etc. There is a chance that you might think that you are making the right decision based on your requirements, but since you are not aware of the pros and cons of the other options, you might be wrong. Today, we will clear all of your doubts. So following are the options available to you from where you can get your phone repaired:
- Phone Carrier
Now let’s discuss the pros and cons of all of these options.
Getting a phone repaired from the manufacturer itself is usually the top priority for a lot of customers. While there are pros of getting your phone fixed from its manufacturer, there are some cons as well which you should always keep in mind. First, we will talk about the pros.
- Warranty: When you end up in a situation where you have damaged your phone while it is still under warranty, the best option is to get it repaired from its manufacturer. The main reason is that your warranty will remain intact. On the other hand, you should keep in mind that the manufacturer might not provide warranty for accidental damages.
- Original Parts: When you decide to repair your phone from the manufacturer, you can be rest assured that they will replace the damaged parts with original ones. So in short, your phone will be as good as new.
Now let’s discuss the cons of getting your phone repaired from its manufacturer:
- Cost: If you are short on budget or don’t want to spend extra money on the repair of your phone, getting it repaired from its manufacturer is your worst option. The reason is that they charge more money than any other repair stores. They are more costly because they claim to use original parts while repairing the phone and guarantee that the phone will be restored to its original new like condition.
- Turnaround time: If you need your phone repaired quickly, again, choosing to get it repaired from the manufacturer is not a great option. They take a lot of time to get the phone repaired. Their turnaround time is usually more than one week and can even go up to more than two One of the main reason is that they have a lot of phones in the queue to be repaired. Also, they might not have their repair store in a location near to you. So they will ship your damaged phone to their repair store which is located in another city or state, and that will extend the turnaround time.
So in conclusion, if your phone’s warranty is intact, you don’t have an issue with the extra cost of repair and want to make sure that original parts are being used in the repair of your phone, you should go for the option of getting your phone repaired from its manufacturer. There are many customer care service centers located all around the country of the largest cell phone manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc.
With the growing trend of people posting a lot of do it yourself tutorials related to the repairs of mobile phones, a lot of users are trying to fix their phone themselves instead of taking it to a repair store. We are not a big fan of recommending this option because there are more cons than pros of repairing your phone yourself. If you have little or no knowledge related to cell phone repairs, you will not be sure what to do when something goes wrong while repairing your phone. The online tutorials will only tell you what to do. Sometimes they lack the details about the things that you should avoid doing while repairing your phone yourself. Still, we would like to highlight the pros and cons of this option. Starting with the pros:
- Cost-effective: The only good thing about repairing your phone yourself is that it will not cost you a lot of money. As you are not asking for the services of a professional, you will just have to buy the tools necessary for the repair and the rest is all your own This is definitely the cheapest option among the others.
- Turnaround time: Since you don’t have the burden of repairing multiple phones, you only have to focus on repairing one. If you do all the things right and with a little bit of luck, you can manage to repair your phone in very less time.
Now the cons:
- Warranty: if your phone’s warranty is still intact and you decide to repair it yourself, you will surely void the warranty as soon as you open up your phone. Manufacturers will not entertain your any request for claiming the warranty if you end up damaging your phone even more while trying to repair it yourself.
- More Damage: If you are someone with very little or no knowledge at all about cell phone repairs, there is a high probability that you might cause damage to other parts and components of your phone while trying to repair one of them. Many of the cell phone components are very delicate and require a lot of expertise to be repaired. So taking a chance with repairing them yourself can prove to be more costly to you.
- Parts: When you decide to repair a damaged part of your phone like its screen, you will have to buy it yourself. You will not be sure of the quality of the part, and it can also take a lot of time to arrive.
So hopefully you will be clear about what are the advantages and disadvantages of repairing your phone yourself, and you will make a decision based on these factors.
- Third Party:
Apart from mobile phone manufacturers and carriers, you always have the option of getting your phone repaired from third-party repair stores. This is one of the best options that you should consider because of the higher number of pros than cons. While some people might advise you to not trust the third-party repair stores for the repair of your phone, it is highly recommended that you do the research yourself. You can read the reviews of other people who benefited from the services of third-party repair stores, or you can see how much experience they have when it comes to even the most difficult repairs. The pros of repairing your phone from a third-party store are as follows:
- Warranty: Majority of the third-party repair stores provide warranty for their repair. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about any more damage that can happen to your phone after the repair. If you are spending good money on a repair then you should have some warranty, right? If the answer to the question is yes, then we highly recommend you to get your phone repaired from a third-party repair store.
- Turnaround time: When it comes to the turnaround time, getting your phone repaired from third-party repair stores is your best option. Most of the repair stores are known to repair the phone the same day. Even if the repair is complicated, they don’t take more than 3 or 4 days.
- OEM parts: When you buy an iPhone, it doesn’t mean that its parts like the screen or processor are made by Apple. They get their parts from other companies who specialize in manufacturing them. These companies are called OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers). Third-party repair stores are known to use OEM parts for their repairs which can be a bit costly, but it also ensures a high-quality repair. Not all of the repair stores use OEM parts so you should research their history of using these parts.
Now the cons:
- Cost: The only con of repairing your phone from a third-party repair store can be the extra cost. The cost usually depends on the type of repair and the amount of damage done to the phone. At the same time, if a third-party repair store is charging you more, you will be paying for the warranty, good quality parts and their experience which is not a bad deal at all. Many repair stores charge very less as well. On average, they cost way less than manufacturers and carriers.
- Mobile phone Carrier:
Majority of the phone carriers are providing the option of getting your phone repaired from them. Some of them provide warranty, and some don’t. There are also chances that they won’t provide coverage for accidental damage to the phone. For example, when you drop it or accidentally spill water on it. The cons are that they might prove to be more costly than other options. Also, the turnaround time is not good. But if you are getting good deals from your phone carrier when it comes to a mobile phone repair, you should go for it.
So that sums up our review about the pros and cons of where to get your phone repaired. We hope you will be able to make a clear decision about where to get your phone repaired by taking into account all the pros and cons.